In a partnership between L’Oréal UK & Ireland, the UK National Commission for UNESCO and the Irish National Commission for UNESCO, with the support of the Royal Society five Fellowships are awarded each year to outstanding female post-doctoral researchers. The Fellowship is aimed to support female post-doctoral scientists for 12 month undertaking research in any SEM area. The Fellowship is tenable at any UK or Irish university / research institute and worth £15,000. The Fellowships are now open for applications.
- be undertaking research in the life or physical sciences
- must not previously have held, or currently hold, a permanent academic post
- already have their postdoctoral qualification
- carry out their research in a UK or Irish university or research institute.
- have no more than 10 years’ active full-time equivalent postdoctoral experience (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry).
Application closing date: 11th March 2016